Why do I have to pay a licensing fee?
- Companies that place packaging on the market incur an extended producer responsibility due to the Packaging Act.
- These companies must therefore take steps to ensure the professional disposal and recycling of their packaging.
- Since companies are normally unable to take back packaging themselves, this responsibility is delegated to the dual systems by system participation (i.e. licensing).
- The dual systems organise the disposal and recycling processes for packaging waste in Germany.
- So the licensing fee pays a real provider for their services.