What packaging must I license – do minimum volumes apply?
- Any commercial manufacturer or distributor of any type of packaged goods that are sold to private consumers is required to license their packaging.
- No minimum volume or revenue levels are set: legal duties apply from the first piece of packaging filled.
- Whatever the material it is made from, all packaging disposed of by consumers must be licensed. There are no exceptions.
- German law defines the following material fractions:
- PPC (paper, paperboard and cardboard)
Composite beverage cartons
Other composite packaging