When you pay for packaging licensing using the Lizenzero online shop, you are not paying for an electronic service but for the physical collection and recycling of sales packaging in Germany, even if this service is itself sold via an online sales channel.
We are required by law to charge sales tax (VAT) at 19% on all of our services, a tax that we must then forward to the German tax office. To be able to issue an invoice with VAT set at 0%, we need some kind of proof from your company.
- Within the EU, a verified VAT registration number is sufficient.
To ensure that our checks are successful, please ensure that the company data given in your Lizenzero.de customer account is the same as the data stored with your VAT registration No. in the VIES VAT number verification system.
You can use the following link to check the data that is stored in the VIES system: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatRequest.html
If the data does not match, you should change the company master data in your Lizenzero.de customer account, as follows:
- Use this link to edit your master data
- Change your company name, address and VAT registration No. to match the data stored with VIES.
- Make sure that you have NOT checked the checkbox at ‘Enter your tax ID instead of your VAT Reg. No.’ and check the SECOND checkbox at ‘I hereby confirm that all rights and […]’.
- Save your data by clicking save.
In the future, all invoices should now be issued with the correct VAT registration No.
If you are based in a Non-EU country, we need a confirmation of your business status from your local tax office to perform a domestic tax-free service. If you cannot provide this document, then we will be obliged to charge VAT at 19%, even if you could in theory apply the reverse charge method in your country of domicile. If we do not charge VAT then we risk committing a tax evasion offence.