By licensing your packaging, you have fulfilled the first duty set out in the German Packaging Act: the system participation duty (also termed ‘licensing duty’). However, you still have to fulfil another two duties: the duty of registration and the duty to report data to the Central Agency Packaging Register (ZSVR).
How to fulfil your duty of registration:
- Go to the LUCID Packaging Register run by the ZSVR at: https://lucid.verpackungsregister.org/.
- Click Launch registration process under Producers at the bottom left.
- Create a login by following steps 1 to 3.
- Confirm the data within 24 hours using the verification link received by e-mail.
- Complete the registration by entering your master data after clicking the verification link.
- At the end of the registration process, go to ‘Declarations and consent’ and make sure that you click YES next to ‘I fulfil my take-back duties by participating in one or more systems or one or more industry solutions’; this completes your registration with LUCID.
- After successful registration you will receive your individual registration number by e-mail. Please also submit these with Lizenzero https://www.lizenzero.de/account/profile/section/regNrChange
You can also simply follow the steps shown in our video
How to fulfil your duty to report data:
- Log in to your LUCID account with your login data https://lucid.verpackungsregister.org/login
- Under Data report, click Edit.
- Depending on the year of licensing, you now have two options:
- To report packaging volumes for the current calendar year, click ‘Start’ in Producer data report and Intra-year volume report.
- To report packaging volumes for the following year, click ‘Start’ under Initial planned volume report
- In both cases, enter the reporting period for the correct calendar year – as a rule, it must be from January to December in any one year, since licensing with Lizenzero is always for one year. The reference periods at both organisations must match.
- Select ‘Interseroh+’ as your system operator (please note: for all reports referencing licensing years up to and including 2021, please select ‘INTERSEROH Dienstleistungs GmbH’ instead) – this is the dual system that runs the Lizenzero online shop. Enter exactly the same packaging volumes in kilograms that you previously licensed with Lizenzero.
- Click Review to check your data report.
- Once you have checked your data and clicked Save, your data report for LUCID is then complete.
- Important: any changes that you now make to your LUCID account must also be repeated for your Lizenzero account, and vice versa.
Here you will find detailed instructions for registration in LUCID.