By licensing your packaging, you have fulfilled the first duty set out in the German Packaging Act: the system participation duty (also termed ‘licensing duty’). However, you still have to fulfil another two duties: the duty of registration and the duty to report data to the Central Agency Packaging Register (ZSVR).
How to fulfil your duty of registration:
- Go to the LUCID Packaging Register run by the ZSVR at: https://lucid.verpackungsregister.org/.
- Click Launch registration process under Producers at the bottom left.
- Create a login by following steps 1 to 3.
- Confirm the data within 24 hours using the verification link received by e-mail.
- Complete the registration by entering your master data after clicking the verification link.
- At the end of the registration process, go to ‘Declarations and consent’ and make sure that you click YES next to ‘I fulfil my take-back duties by participating in one or more systems or one or more industry solutions’; this completes your registration with LUCID.
- After successful registration you will receive your individual registration number by e-mail. Please also submit these with Lizenzero https://www.lizenzero.de/account/profile/section/regNrChange
You can also simply follow the steps shown in our video
How to fulfil your duty to report data:
- Log in to your LUCID account with your login data https://lucid.verpackungsregister.org/login
- Under Data report, click Edit.
- Depending on the year of licensing, you now have two options:
- To report packaging volumes for the current calendar year, click ‘Start’ in Producer data report and Intra-year volume report.
- To report packaging volumes for the following year, click ‘Start’ under Initial planned volume report
- In both cases, enter the reporting period for the correct calendar year – as a rule, it must be from January to December in any one year, since licensing with Lizenzero is always for one year. The reference periods at both organisations must match.
- Select ‘Interseroh+’ as your system operator (please note: for all reports referencing licensing years up to and including 2021, please select ‘INTERSEROH Dienstleistungs GmbH’ instead) – this is the dual system that runs the Lizenzero online shop. Enter exactly the same packaging volumes in kilograms that you previously licensed with Lizenzero.
- Click Review to check your data report.
- Once you have checked your data and clicked Save, your data report for LUCID is then complete.
- Important: any changes that you now make to your LUCID account must also be repeated for your Lizenzero account, and vice versa.